Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 25, 2009

Madie's First Birth Week

I think that people should not get just one day to celebrate their birthday… I think that they should get a whole week! I mean after all we are celebrating the day of your birth, that is a really big deal!!! So on the eve of Madie’s Birth week I decided that it was necessary to make a list of all of the wonderful things about Madie. I know I have missed a ton but here goes…

• She loves Baby Einstein, she watches it every morning while I am getting ready for work and she will either start clapping when I turn it on or she will stand up and “dance” (swing her arms back and forth).
• She sings herself to sleep
• She thinks that her brother Slade is the funniest thing in the world
• She is a Mama’s girl but she has her Daddy wrapped around her little finger
• She is tall and very skinny, her shorts and skirts are size 6 months but she has to wear 12 month pants for the length (we have no idea where she got this from – although my Mom says I was tall and skinny at one time too)
• She hates getting her hair done
• She likes to climb on everything
• Despite my best efforts to make her girly, she would choose to play with a truck over a dolly any day
• She makes car noises when she plays with cars on our “road” mat with her brother
• For the first 4 months of her life she would only sleep if she was being held or was right up close to me
• She gives wonderfully slobbery kisses
• She will eat just about anything I give her but not necessarily when I want her to eat it
• She has her Daddy’s pretty eyes
• She loves to look out the window
• She is super smiley in the morning, she will just play with her fishy soother in her crib if I don’t get her right away in the morning
• She loves shoes! When we are in the baby girl shoe section at the store she will fight to try and grab them and then scream bloody murder when you take them away from her
• She loves to cuddle (and I love to cuddle her)
• She almost always starts laughing when we are saying prayers
• She loves to take a bath, the minute she hears the water turn on she runs into the bathroom and tries to climb in
• She recently has found my Tupperware cupboard and thinks it is great fun to empty it
• She only has two teeth, her two bottom ones. There is one trying to come through on the top that we are hoping makes its way out before next Saturday for better cake chewing.
• She is such a blessing in our lives, she brings a smile to my face every day and I am so grateful for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment